Be part of the Bermuda Festival Team
As a not-for-profit charity, The Bermuda Festival relies on volunteers who utilize their talents and interests in a variety of areas to make a meaningful contribution to the Festival and to the community.
Volunteering is a great way to contribute to our work while meeting like-minded people, learning new skills, seeing Festival shows for free, and becoming involved with Bermuda’s arts scene. We offer opportunities in many areas of our organization – from assisting at special events, ushering and front of house support, administration and marketing, to helping in many other unique areas.
We are looking for volunteers with an interest and passion for the arts and the local community. Our volunteers are reliable and committed, possess a positive attitude and are friendly, courteous, and respectful with our patrons. In return, volunteers receive a range of perks, that may include complimentary performance tickets or special ticket discounts, appreciation events, and more.
Don’t worry – scheduling is flexible, so you can participate according to your availability!
Pics or it didn’t happen! We have lots of exciting events that go on in the week an artist is here. We need help documenting all the fun with photos and videos. Duties may include:
- Attending rehearsals, performances and outreach sessions and taking pictures/videos
- Attending dinners and festival events and taking pictures/videos
- Taking photos of Festival volunteers, employees and artists
- Editing photos and videos
- Having your own equipment is a must
Front of House (House Managers and Ushers)
Our volunteer House Managers and Ushers are critical to the smooth operations of each performance. Duties may include:
- Assisting with pre performance set-up which would include getting programs and tickets ready for patrons
- Assisting with coat check before and after a performance
- Greeting patrons as they arrive
- Assisting patrons with finding their seating location
- Monitoring patrons and the theatre space during the performance
- Supporting with post performance theatre clean up
- Be an ambassador for the Bermuda Festival and answer patron questions pertaining to the Festival and its programming
- Follow Covid-19 safety guidelines and help patrons do the same
- No previous experience necessary
Back of House
Backstage work gets you right in the thick of the action. Some technical work requires specialized knowledge and experience, but there are also opportunities to assist without any experience. Duties may include:
- Helping set up, move and take down sets. Must be strong and healthy to be able to move heavy items
- Helping artist with quick changes and organizing costumes
- Washing towels and costumes
- Mending costumes. Sewing skills required.
- Each performance makes different demands on the technical crew and late night work is often a feature of this aspect of the Festival
Host a Dinner
One consistent refrain from our visiting artists is how overwhelmed they are by our hospitality and how much they enjoy getting to know ‘locals’. Hosting a dinner for one of the artist groups is an important experience that the Festival offers to its performers and which sets us apart from other Festivals. Hosting a dinner is a great way to get to know the artists on a personal basis and let them experience a little of Bermuda’s personality. As a host you must love to entertain and be willing to open your home to others. Expectations of Hosts:
- Host a dinner party for a Festival group in a casual and relaxed environment
- Provide dinner of your choice to the group, their support entourage and any friends you may like invite
- The Festival will generally have one or two representatives attend to help introduce the group to the host and provide added support
- If possible, the Festival will supply wine for the evening. (This is dependent upon sponsorships)
- Host is expected to arrange set up and clean up of the dinner party
- You may request a specific group to host. The Festival will do their best to accommodate
As a driver you are right in the action with each group. Getting to know them personally, and sharing your little part of Bermuda with them. Duties may include:
- Airport pick up and/or drop off
- Transport from hotel to performance venue and/or back to hotel
- Must have a valid Bermuda license, licensed and insured vehicle
- Some late nights or early mornings maybe required
- Some groups will required space for instruments
Share your Guesthouse
We are looking for unique places for our artists to stay. If you have a Guesthouse, Airbnb or rental apartment that you would like to share with a Bermuda Festival group please fill out the form below and we will be intouch with you.
As a volunteer coordinator for the Bermuda Festival you will be helping coordinate all elements of volunteering for a specific volunteer area such as organizing rides or ushers. This is a great opportunity to be part of an amazing cause and see the inner workings of a small non-for-profit art organization. As a volunteer coordinator:
- You must be passionate about making a difference for a cause
- You need strong interpersonal and communication skills, as much of your job requires interacting with other volunteers and employees
- You need excellent organization and leadership skills to onboard and manage other volunteers
- You will be working in an online environment, in person and over the phone
- You must have basic knowledge of Word, Excel and be comfortable using simple online organization tools.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any of the volunteer oportunities please give us a call!