Join the Festival Team
Outreach and OnStage Competition Coordinator (Part time)
The Bermuda Festival is looking for an Outreach and OnStage Competition Coordinator to assist in making a significant impact in providing performing arts exposure to students and seniors in Bermuda.
Outreach Coordinator Job Description:
The Outreach coordinator will support the Executive Director with planning the Outreach Programme and will organize all Outreach activities. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist with development of Outreach lesson planning in collaboration with the Executive Director, to identifying and develop a range of outreach/ classes for youth and adults.
- Coordinating and planning outreach session with Bermuda Festival performers.
- Engaging and building relationships with Public, Private and Home Schools, to create excitement and increase Outreach attendance.
- Attend all outreach sessions to help motivate and excite students at the start and end of each outreach session.
- Collect and document feedback from schools and students to help improve the Bermuda Festival Outreach programme.
- In collaboration with the Marketing Manager create outreach brochure to help promote the outreach programme amongst schools and the community.
- Providing updates and reports to the Executive Director about outreach attendance.
- Scheduling Outreach workshops and managing all communications between schools (public, private, home, dance and music) and The Festival.
OnStage Competition Coordinator Job Description (this role is contingent on programme funding):
The OnStage Competition Coordinator is responsible for organizing and managing the OnStage competition and conceptualizing and improving upon the existing framework of the OnStage Competition. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare and execute a production, project and communications plan for the event.
- Work with schools to engage students and socialize the event for maximum engagement.
- Source and coordinate with a judging team which represents instrumental, vocal, dance and drama. Source a Host for the competition.
- Coordinate the Heather Nova Singer/Songwriter Competition auditions and selection process, including management of communications with Heather Nova
- Organize and execute all auditions; revise audition process and procedure to attract more student participation.
- Source and coordinate all mentorship sessions and rehearsals for the competition
- Work with production team to ensure all technical requirements are met.
- Work with Bermuda Festival Management and Staff to provide any support required in relation to the Event for the Bermuda Festival.
- Includes any support staff required throughout the process to assist in execution.
- Includes all Back of House staff i.e. 2 backstage managers for the night of the show. Bermuda Festival to provide volunteers for Front of House i.e. Ticket staff, Front of House Manager and Ushers.
Outreach and OnStage Competition Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for the arts and commitment to The Festival’s mission statement: Entertain, Educate, Inspire.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to engage with educators as well as sponsors and students in both the public & private school sector.
- Team-player attitude, work ethic and personal drive.
- Inherent desire to help others and outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, knowledge of major social media platforms, ability to navigate remote/cloud-based work environment.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Must have own computer and vehicle.